What to expect: Challenging one-day discussion of your company strategy, assessing and building on your strengths.
Results: Clear actions and accountability for everyone in the leadership team; follow-up support.
Suitable for: Rethinking your business, objective-setting, driving accountability.
Whether you call it OKRs or 4DX, objectives or goals or key indicators, your organisation probably spends way too much
time setting its direction and tracking progress—and without creating the alignment and accountability that you actually need.
Instead, you and
your leadership team can spend an intense, energetic day with me and emerge with a clear plan for achieving the results your
stakeholders demand, whether that's launching new products, reducing costs, expanding your market reach, or making key
- Assess your market position and your strengths (not your weaknesses).
- Identify your "negative space"—the areas where you're going to ignore customer demands and deadhead rotting initiatives.
- Use "joint design" to ensure all views are heard and information shared, but with clear and rapid decisions made on the spot.
- Identify the axes on which you'll move the company forward in the next six months (not years!) and specific actions that
each participant agrees to take immediately.
- Build a flexible accountability mechanism that lets you steer the ship daily and weekly, instead of locking you into a
rigid plan for quarters or years.
- Meet with you and your leadership team individually before the event,
to understand your desired outcomes for the session, get to know the group, and
identify potential fault lines and tensions.
- Design an agenda for the day that ensures your most important issues are resolved.
- Facilitate throughout an intense day of productive challenge and fruitful debate.
- Ensure your action list is thorough and accountabilities are clear for everyone in the room.
- Provide post-event access for all participants to the Squirrel-Phone for questions on what we decided, how to execute, or
anything else, for 30 days.
- Produce a Board-ready plan and accountabilities for everyone, in hours not months.
- Free up days of your time as you eliminate "playing referee" and overcomplicated status reporting.
- Communicate your company direction succinctly and convincingly throughout your organisation, eliminating confusing
reward systems and byzantine objective tracking methods.
- Get an objective view from an expert who has worked with over 170 companies just like yours on strategic and execution problems,
in industries ranging from biotech to satellites, from high finance to e-commerce, and many more.